Skip to main content

tv   Cavuto  FOX Business  February 28, 2015 1:00am-2:01am EST

1:00 am
that is our show. we will see you next week on the new time slot. friday. fox business. that's it for us tonight. thanks for joining us. >> cpac or see them pack in? >> the biggest divide we have in this country is between career politicians and washington. and the american people. >> a spear taxation system that allows us to get rid of the irs. >> i care about fighting for the people. >> a commander-in-chief that understood that the way to defeat isis is not to find them a job q if i can take on 100 protesters, i can do the same across the world. >> so many on the right rumbling. (?) i mean a record number on the right rumbling. even if they're not quite right anyone angling for the republican nomination at this stage better sound right. which is so many respected gopers do and why they're showing up at this conservative
1:01 am
forum is their rite of passage. preach it, sell it, scream it, unless you do that republican presidential nomination you won't get it. our question tonight is this: with upwards of potentially a dozen seeking out the conservative vote, is there any way for just one candidate to break out and have enough delegates in hand for the convention? the math does look tough. money guy anthony scaramucci and lizzie on if some of these contenders should look at this race again. and the wisdom of pursuing it now. what do you think liz? >> the good news is there are a lot of interesting can does. the bad news is there's a lot of interesting candidates. here's why it's bad news. between now and the primaries next year, we have to eliminate all but two or three. (?) it will cost an enormous amount of money. money that hillary clinton won't be
1:02 am
spending as she gets ready for her presidential run. >> that's assuming she doesn't run on top herself as well. >> there that that. i don't think she'll be spending the 300 million that the republicans will spend to get to the starting gate. that's a big problem. i think some of these people will drop out. mitt romney dropped out because donors let him know they weren't backing him. my guess is chris christie will hear that message loud and clear. because his backers are going to jeb bush, primarily and also to scott walker. i think you're seeing sort of a division there. neil: is it this early that guys like had you you anthony, is that the money is accounted for? >> the jocking is between scott walker and jeb bush. i do agree that governor christie is in a deep third. neil: why?
1:03 am
>> it's based on momentum. it's like a surfing expedition. he missed his wave last time. he's floundering. no pun intended. he's a big fish out there. that won't happen. i didn't use whale. neil: no, you did not. the financial types could be glomming on to the wrong guys. >> i'm with scott walker. i'm with the right guys. the financial guys are going with jeb bush. neil: the popular names are jeb bush. guys like that will get the nomination. >> christie's whole message is that he has reformed the public pension situation in new jersey. he's helped their budget out of a huge deep hole. we saw this week with his budget address, that really is not the case. neil: you're saying -- >> it really isn't. i think he more or less recovered from that. although, there were people questioning his temperament let's say politely. now, he'll be in confrontation with the
1:04 am
teacher's union over a new contract. i don't think he plays well with that kind of confrontation. i know the teachers union will be abrasive. neil: no one voted. no one is declared. you guys both seem to be ruling out the so-called passion candidates. by that, i refer to the cruzes maybe the rand pauls, i don't even know. i do know the guys who get the money on the table early are saying no. >> listen, it's a 300 million ask to get the nomination. neil: what do you have in your wallet? >> about a quarter that you have. i'm working on it every day. neil: you didn't get where you are today without being a pretty good investor. and do you think that some -- that the donors are missing something here and why do they nervously -- >> let's talk about it. the establishment and all the wall streeters they went with jeb bush right off the bat. a lot of loyalty in the family. jeb bush is a great guy.
1:05 am
they're missing something about the full scouting analysis. if you're drafting the nfl player the most seasoned player, the most experienced guy for right now, and the youngest freshest face is scott walker. those really matter neil. governor bush is out of it for 12 years. senator clinton or secretary clinton -- neil: he's rusty? >> i think he's rusty. neil: is that true? >> i'm not sure. >> watch him on the stump. >> he's very in demand of the issues. neil: you don't think the name hurts? >> yes and no. in the beginning, i thought it would give him better credibility with the conservative wing of the party. that doesn't seem to have happened because of common core and immigration. >> the common core is going to be a huge problem. neil: or that matter hillary clinton in a country of 320 million people, if we come down to those two -- >> i agree. i agree.
1:06 am
no one inherits this. right? you do start out with name recognition, being very, very important. neil: absolutely. >> frankly, i think hillary is not a good candidate for a gazillion reasons we could spend hours on. i think jeb has some of the same problem. here's one interesting faq i hadfactoid every landslide has been a self-made man. except fdr. i think people love the story of up from nothing. they made it themself. scott walker has that story. jeb bush does not. >> they have not elected a -- since james buchanan 1856. i know you were back there and that was a tough election and you can tell us about it. but i don't think it will happen. neil: nice seeing you again. >> that's my last time on the cavuto show. neil: all right. well the problems for conservatives isn't so much the president, to their point it's kind of their own party. especially the republican lawmakers who
1:07 am
they say are caving on things important to conservatives like immigration funding run away government spending paul says he feels their pain because he too is pained. the rap against your colleagues is that they're dropping the ball. you never know. what do you say? >> well the thing about it, neil we've been giving away the power of the purse and the power of the legislative branch for over 50 years. our leadership is brought into that life. they don't know how to win in this circumstance. neil: what do you tell them to do? if they're trying to do things in stages are they being too incremental? >> no. i think we had good fundamentals of trying to push a clean bill without the provisions to for this president. they at least attempted to pay that way. we needed more marketing. we needed to talk to american people. tell them why 5 million more illegals coming into their backyard are getting jobs and putting
1:08 am
them second in line is not advantageous to them. neil: with the exception of guys like you i see them too afraid to do that. if they want to tackle welfare reform, they look callous. if they talk about community college, they sound like they're indifferent to the needs of the young. they're afraid of showing the greater risk of all this stuff to all taxpayers. why is that? >> well, it's about the theater and how you place this in front of america. you know, we shouldn't be afraid to say listen, homeland security is not going to be shut down. people are getting their checks today. they'll get them in the mail on monday. when people say their checks came in, they were able to cash them. that you didn't stand and just blink. let the president blink first. why not play the dynamics a little bit different and have a dialogue with america. if the president loves this country, he will
1:09 am
put this country before his agenda. how about we start having that narrative instead of running from everything, why don't we run and do something show exactly what this president is made of, but also show exactly what we as a constituency to show we stand for something or continue to fall for everything. neil: congressman, well-put. good seeing you. what if i told you republicans still through all this end up winning big next year because the markets will crash big time next year. harry says count on it. charles payne says count harry wrong. harry, why so scary? >> demographics have been falling in the united states ever since late 2007. they'll fall much more steeply in europe especially germany of all countries has the worst demographic country since japan. actually even worse. we also have these triggers now. we're in a bubble. people don't like to hear we're in a bubble.
1:10 am
they're getting a 4% mortgage instead of a 6% for no good reason. corporations are buying back their stocks at cheap money and growing their etfs for no good reason. neil: you say it all bursts next year? >> yes, bubbles always burst. but people don't see bubbles when it's hatchinghappening because it's a high they don't want to end. charles: bubbles burst. the economy is cyclical. i'll live through at least six of them if i'm lucky physical therapy. i like your demographic work. we've been hearing this stuff for a long time. what i've said on this network the fox business network i always tell people and a lot of the people in the audience remember, if you're at cracker barrel once a week. every friday you take the family to cracker barrel. own the stock. it's up 700% in the last six years. we won't crash seven 700%.
1:11 am
a lot of americans have missed one of the most amazing stealth rallies in history. people can pin it on what they want to pin it on. when it crashes people say well it won't end well. if we do crash, in my mind, it's not the end. it's the beginning of another cycle. >> i totally disagree with you. there are times. you're right most of the time. there are times like 1928 and 1968 after major booms of long-term cycles where stocks peak and do not get back to those levels from 23 to 25 years. >> that's where we are now harry. >> you hold cracker barrel and anything you want to and i want to talk to you in ten years. >> let me tell you something i already bought a watch with my apple stock and a house with my cracker barrel. i put that money to work. you guys act like we will lose everything. i got a great suit on.
1:12 am
not by hiding my head in a stand. >> you're talking like a bubble idiot. an idiot. charles: your fear mongering has stopped people from making money. >> they got out of the stock market in 2009 because people like you said we should never lose. >> everyone knows it's cyclical. it's very dangerous and unfair to people who have been afraid to get into this market throughout this whole thing when they heard it will crash tomorrow. you make this prediction -- >> they're afraid because they've been through two extreme crashes. they have a good reason to be afraid. >> i bumped into one of our colleagues here. he told me he had a winner in the market. he told me reuben networks. went to a football game. they were doing something fancy on their phone. bought the stock at 17. it's 24 now. i told my clients to buy that stock at five bucks in 2008. we took profits at seven. part of me wants to kick myself. i understand how it is i
1:13 am
do this for a living and so do you, har he harry. of course, the market would crash some day. you said this 2014, '12, '11. 2016 might be the year. >> we've been right about most these cycles. neil: you've been wrong the last few years. >> people are going to listen to you. harry, you have to listen, people will listen to you and say wait a minute, he was right on that one call, but he's been wrong through that one rally. >> it's not one call. neil: this rally -- the dow is doubling. the nasdaq -- have you missed this over the last few years, yes or no? >> yes. neil: okay. >> neil yeah, we keep warning that this bubble can burst we have not gone on our newsletter every month and say it's time to sell now. we keep looking at the market and saying, you know what it looks like it will go higher. >> you can't have it both ways. you can't say i have made all the way up, but
1:14 am
when it bursts i want a ticker parade too. >> do what you want, charles. you can listen to charles, you can listen to me. i want to talk to people in five years and see who is happier. >> this week i had my subscribers take profits on a lot of things. the bubble bursts that will be money that they won't have to worry about. it's been unfair that people have missed this rally. >> charles, have you seen a market go up for 30 to 40 years and not take a correction for a long period of time? >> my man i'm with you. we'll crash one day. and i think whenever that day comes, i hope i have some money on the side so i can start buying -- neil: gentlemen, we'll see what happens. it's a bull or bear market. >> i'm not saying it will never crash. >> i want to know what stock you sold to get the suit. we actually provide them here charles. i can help you on that one. guys, i want to thank you both. take a peek at your utility bill. you might want to save it. it's soon to be a
1:15 am
collectors item. the last one from a company before the government started doing it.
1:16 am
1:17 am
1:18 am
neil: i know cable companies are complaining about this whole net neutrality thing. how it's big government, big footing all over the internet and how it will regulate them. but i think they're secretly enjoying the government coming in. if you think about it it would give them a huge cop out. all those annoying customer complaint calls off of their servers and on to uncle sam's servers. they may relish the day that those customers start missing them. the cable company that put them on hold or never showed up with the technician when they
1:19 am
said they would. imagine the government fielding those calls. your calls. some say it would be like health care for the internet. waiting even longer for anything. you get the picture? former fcc chair michael is on. he said it's not a pretty one. he's concerned about the overreach. >> yeah. thank you. there was a very legitimate issue here. we call that the net neutrality. the importance of protecting the internet. if all the fcc did was address that limited objective, we wouldn't be talking about it. the commission has taken advantage of the opportunity to essentially put in place the most powerful regulatory platform they have available to them which allows them to regulate should they choose virtually any business practice or any behavior on the internet. neil: why would we worry about that that all of a sudden it takes away the incentive of businesses to branch off of what they're doing on the internet? what? >> i think we worry about it because we love the internet we have.
1:20 am
it's attracted any capital investment than any thing in history. they have spent $1.2 trillion in a decade. reached virtually every american home. >> you don't think companies will do that much for fear of regulation? >> it imposes new cost on the infrastructure which is ultimately borne by the american consumer. neil: the fcc the majority regulation is to make an equal playing field and make sure companies like that don't screw you. what do you say? >> it's interesting. the government has to prove a demonstrable thing of harm. we've had no fcc in this market for 20 years. none of the horribles that people have testified to have come to fruition. no real evidence of the pattern or practice of that kind of behavior. no one has demonstrated with any weight that there are strong incentives of isps to do that. internet service
1:21 am
providers. you know, they've increased speeds 1500% in a decade. prices have been flat through that whole period. they've reached all homes. increased speeds. that's what you want to see. neil: i hear you. a lot of people -- i have a cellular plan. if i exceed it, for example, they say you have to pay more for data. sometimes i feel like i'm getting gouged here. am i right about that is that what the government is addressing on that? or are they seizing on that to say you don't get what you pay for. >> networks are shared. you may not like aspects of that data plan, but you'd like it worse if it was so congested you couldn't complete a call. neil: the fear is that some of these companies gouge you. you're saying -- >> i don't think that's the evidence. not to mean that every customer is happy with their pricing plan. neil: they'll be less happy when the government takes over.
1:22 am
>> the government can create an environment part of what you're paying for is new aspects and fees. one consequence of this decision. here's what really matters. the amount of capital and vols of investment required to improve that for you, take you to this generation of speed to the next, those business decisions get impacted by imposing regulatory costs that slow down the velocity of that improvement. (?) neil: it would affect the content people. the spin is something like this. if the cable companies aren't happy, then you should be happy. >> well you would hope that the government has a more sophisticated template than that. but i'm afraid that's the kind of vilification that has worked to produce this result which is disturbing. let's remember we're talking about companies who have been strongly involved in favoring these rules who have market caps two, three times bigger than any cable company. who are profiting more massively from the internet ecosystem than
1:23 am
a google or facebook. neil: it started with them. but now they're not so hot on it. is it a piggy bank? everybody fears it will set the blueprint for charging and getting billions? >> if you mean the companies are trying to charge you and get billions, i really don't think so. neil: or the government could. raising money. >> the government certainly always has the ability to tax services you use. if you pull out your phone bill or wireless bill you'll see a host of taxes and fees that are up to 15, 20% of your bill. those are coming from uncle sam or your state. that has been classic in telecommunications. that they regulate and tax those services in which the interpret has never been treated. there's uncertainty as to whether local tax services now being told it's like a telephone system will tax it the same way. neil: thank you.
1:24 am
very good seeing you. in the meantime, the mainstream media is furious over black lives matter. so does this silence mean that, well, christian lives don't? we c
1:25 am
now? can i at least put my shoes on? if your bladder is calling the shots ... you may have a medical condition called overactive bladder ... ...or oab you've got to be kidding me. i've had enough! it's time to talk to the doctor. ask your doctor how myrbetriq may help treat... ...oab symptoms of urgency frequency, and leakage. which may mean fewer trips to the bathroom. myrbetriq (mirabegron) may increase your blood pressure. myrbetriq may increase your chances... ...of not being able to empty your bladder. tell your doctor right away if you have... ...trouble emptying your bladder or have a weak urine stream.
1:26 am
myrbetriq may affect... ...or be affected by other medications... tell your doctor about all the medicines you take. before taking myrbetriq, tell your doctor if you have liver or kidney problems. common side effects include increased blood pressure, common cold symptoms, urinary tract infection, and headache. take charge by talking to your doctor about your oab symptoms and myrbetriq. find out if you can get your first prescription at no cost by visiting
1:27 am
neil: the media quick to say that black lives matter, but what about christian lives and whether they matter? are we only focused on the color of their skin and not the content of their character, or in this case their soul? let's be colorblind and let's not be just blind. because isis is grabbing dozens more christians by the day. other news outlets are barely reporting it. the white house all, but ignoring it. the former bush chief of staff andy says we better get over that because he's had enough of this. andy, good to have you. we hear about the kidnappings and the killings, but rarely do we hear them combined with the word these were christian victims.
1:28 am
and yet, that is the pattern. what do you make of that? >> well, i want the president of the united states and our government to acknowledge reality. i don't think they should, you know put a veryhave a near on something to have it look like something it doesn't look like. i want to see what's going on in the world. (?) the people should know it. it's outrageous what's happening. we're at war with islamic terrorists. they aren't just downtrodden people who are looking to fight for a step up. they're actually terrorists who are organized around a faith. i think they're misguided in their interpretation of the faith. i'm not against the muslim religion at all. but i do think they're islamic terrorists that are out there. and we should acknowledge what they're doing. and they have a goal that includes naming people as enemies just because of their faith or their background or their participation with the country.
1:29 am
and there's no place to negotiate because they don't -- they aren't represented by a nation state. neil: if you think about it, the overwhelming targets have been christians of any sort. and even where they're not regularly practicing christians just the fact they are christians is enough for these guys to say you're dead. i don't think people appreciate the gravity of that or how widespread this is. >> and it's anti-american. our country says that you can practice your faith without fear or intimidation. and -- what we're finding right now other people islamic terrorists, are using faith as a way to intimidate. and that shouldn't stand. we should not allow that to happen. neil: well-put. andy, thank you very much. >> thank you. good to talk to you. neil: in the meantime, say it ain't so, joe did chris christie just pull an abba.
1:30 am
take it for the gov.
1:31 am
1:32 am
1:33 am
>> it's up to you, new york. new york. ♪ it is ring adding baby. we are swinging. ♪ neil: isn't that brilliant? after that show appeared my old friend joe piscopo wouldn't soil itself with this show anymore. oh, contraire, i was wrong. joe piscopo is back and ready to sing the chris christie blues. even though he is begging conservatives want to sell him short. >> if i run for president i'm not worried about what polls say 21 months before we'll elect the president of the united states. i'll take my chances on
1:34 am
me i've done pretty well so far. >> jokers, let itjoe, let it go? why is he pouncing like this? >> i love it. i had a former new jersey governor, tom cain. (?) this is a great man. and someone -- neil: he's had icy relations -- >> well, he was governor christie's mentor early on. i said, what do you think of chris christie? he said, don't ever count him out. he is as politically savvy as bill clinton. i think he's right. neil: i think the former governor has been drinking. i love him to death. i'm only kidding. i don't know if -- but come on. >> it was great. two days ago, it was all scott walker. christie sits down and says shut up and sit down. he answers it. then you have isis all over the news. we've been railing about this on the neighborhood. no one is in charge. these guys are running
1:35 am
rampant. you need someone to say, shut and up sit down. who else do you have? neil: so he is your guy? >> i don't know. neil: kowtowing to the jersey -- >> it is a jersey thing. we're proud to have the cavutos and the chris chris christies in jersey. neil: new race different brick. i want to get your thoughts on this. perry is rebranding himself. turning his hipster glasses into a campaign logo. what do you think? >> i love it. the glasses work for him. it's the clark kent thing. if i run for governor, i'll wear shades. no, no no. i want to wear shades or something. i think the glasses -- there you go. there you go. looking very cool. neil: i do that all the time. >> i think that rick perry really surfaced. >> i want to know what -- who actually said -- neil: whatever.
1:36 am
>> they went to rick perry. they said oops. oops. put the glasses on. it works. i'm telling you i like perry. you know, donald trump i talked with donald early in the week. anybody that speaks their mind. i like donald. he has plans. neil: speaking your mind is one thing. but you have to balance it out with some thought. >> i said this on the radio, mr. cavuto, if i may, sir if jeb bush goes in and they anoint hillary, i'll run to bypass altogether. neil: i'd vote for you. you could actually sing at your own inauguration. save taxpayers a lot of money. if lois lerner had only thought of this. after 90 days, all your emails just disappear. not secretly. legally. cuomo wants an auto delete for emails. why would that be? frankly i have no idea why. they must take up a lot
1:37 am
of space or they can be a tad incriminating. i'm kind of betting joe, that this is a way to save him from some lawsuits. >> you know what i'm a fan of andy cuomo. why because he's italian? no. neil: if you want to continue this way where you continue yourself. >> i like cuomo, he governs in a -- thank you for clearing that up. he ticks off the left and right. goes right down the middle. this is wrong. this is wrong. you can't delete. imagine if we did that. neil: i tried. i tried. talking about o'reilly. it's still out there. oh, my god. i'm just thinking, there has to be a reason for this. and none of the reasons make sense. i talked to our it guys and that means technical guys and they say really it's not a matter of saving that much. it's not a room thing. it's not a space thing. >> yeah. neil: it's no big deal. >> although, when i
1:38 am
think of my personal life, i wouldn't mind some personal emails being deleted. some may want to go away. if indeed someone wants them deleted he's trying to hide something. i don't do email baby i talk to the people. yeah but thank you. someone said to me, neil cavuto did a great promo thing. was working with lauren michaels. neil: you know, what's good about this. it's even sinatra's demeanor. it was brilliant. just brilliant. >> you know what that means, i'm old. because i didn't need any makeup. neil: yeah, you didn't dress up. >> ii used to have the prosthetics. i walk in. and the kids would make me up. i didn't -- a little shady here and there. that's miley cyrus' mother there.
1:39 am
neil: you know, i'm telling you we like to joke here, but i'm telling you, he was the show. he was the brilliant guy. he was the master. all the guys. >> you saw it. neil: no, i didn't. but i say you're the show. >> [foreign language]. that means thank you very much. neil: after this, you want to know the secret of staying young? eat like you're really, really young. don't take my word for [ male announcer ] whether it takes 200,000 parts ♪ ♪ 800,000 hours of supercomputing time 3 million lines of code, 40,000 sets of eyes, or a million sleepless nights. whether it's building the world's most advanced satellite, the space station, or the next leap in unmanned systems. at boeing, one thing never changes. our passion to make it real. ♪ ♪
1:40 am
1:41 am
1:42 am
neil: you know, everyone wants to be like buffett. warren buffett. maybe they should just start eating like warren buffett because whatever this 84-year-old billionaire investor is doing, he's doing it on a sugar high. says he drinks at least five cokes a day. eats more sweets than he can count. chocolate forms the base of his food pyramid and uses 6-year-old kids as his dietary model. that's because he discovered they have the lowest death rate and with a wink the most
1:43 am
fun. well the world health organization might be having fits, they're far from the only ones. these nutritionists are practically spitting on their spinach. we need to call out coca-cola as unhealthy. coca-cola is not the problem here. bonnie, what do you think of what he's saying? >> he may eat like a 6-year-old but i don't think he invests like a 6-year-old. so 6-year-olds don't know everything. i don't think so does diet. neil: take his financial acumen, you accept it, this other stuff no? >> no. in my book the only one food that shouldn't be on your shopping list is soda. so i think it's not just about soda itself which we know is not great, but what is it replacing if kids are having soda instead of milk that has nine essential minerals -- neil: he's a big investor in coca-cola. he has a reason to say
1:44 am
that. he's a big investor in fast food. we should say that. he may have an agenda here. you're saying it's a wrong agenda to espouse. >> it's an agenda. not only a shareholder in coca-cola also a shareholder in sanofi which makes insulin. both sides of the spectrum. neil: become a diabetic, he can profit off it. >> he can profit either way. neil: he does eat all this stuff. he's 84 and sharp as a tack. >> he's also said he's given a choice between diet and exercise. what he chose is exercise. so he's living a healthier lifestyle, and i'm sure he has help, you know, has trainers, people that help -- neil: i know. but how many of us have had relatives that live a good long life and they didn't practice all the things you fine ladies preach. >> that's exactly it. you have to look at the individual. if warren buffett just got back from bypass
1:45 am
surgery if he had diabetes or obese, i don't think those sodas would keep him sharp as a tack. >> it's also genetics. half of the story is genetics. the rest is environment. neil: you're afraid that people will hear this and say gee buffett is eating like a 6-year-old going out of style. >> right. and we don't want people to go and just eat whatever warren buffett says. again it depends on your genetic disposition. nothing in excess is healthy for us. >> the other thing is, i don't think we should demonize one particular food or think that a food is a magic bullet. that's like asking one instrument to play the music of the instrument. even the dietary guidelines that came out. at the talked about not looking at good foods, bad foods but the whole plate. neil: they keep changing those. >> but i think it's getting better. neil: so warren buffett wise up. >> exactly. call me. neil: forget that iwatch thing. apple is working on a
1:46 am
virtual reality thing. how about just focusing on just your
1:47 am
1:48 am
1:49 am
neil: in tonight's biz blitz time for apple to get back to reality. because it is now looked into virtual reality. tim is cooking up all these new ideas. is this getting too far from apple's basics and could it end up cooking in. on tim cook and his new ideas. keith, you say this isn't steve jobs' apple anymore. the company can do and mr. cook can do whatever he wants. right? >> apple is sitting on a huge pile of cash. he looked to change the world with each one of his devices. cook is creating an eco sphere of everything apple. apple has enough cash on
1:50 am
the sidelines to do whatever it wants. i say go for it. neil: jared, i'm an apple shareholder. have been for many, many years. looking at this not just from a shareholder perspective but are they taking on too much? are they? >> i agree with keith for a different reason. think back to the late '80s if apple said we'll have our own version of the walkman people would have said you're nuts. and then the ipod became their best-sellers. or in the mid-'90s we'll have our own phone. the iphone the greatest selling thing of all time. it's a natural progress regulation of what apple is. and virtual reality isn't that far off with what we have in our phones. we're linked to them in our -- neil: i don't even know what virtual reality is. it's probably my life. on to issue two google is going gaga on solar.
1:51 am
(?) now, i'm not sure if it's a good bet, but i'm just happy that google is betting with its own money and not the money with ours. keith, what do you think? >> yeah. i think, you know, this -- if you want to talk about a company that's going off the mark. i think this is the case. google to me is not just an information company. it's about five companies combined. artificial intelligence there's glass there's diddata. google needs to be broken up. separate the thing, let the profit get unlocked if they're on to something. don't spend our tax dollars doing it. neil: i'm not even pro or against the solar thing. if anyone will make the risk, let private enterprise make the risk. what do you think of that jared? >> that's correct neil. here's another way to think about it. google making their own bets. the company shouldn't be broken out. this plays into their test. next time the government wants to put money into something, how about you let us know about it, and how about the people
1:52 am
vote on the next technology that we feel we should spend our money on? that's my biggest problem. i like the idea with google. i'm glad they're all of you their own dollars. neil: ever since monica lewinksy has a dress caused so much controversy. what color is this dress. lots of colors. white and gold. blue and black. millions of tweets texts, and emails. a global conversation on this dress and the color of it. keith, wow. what -- >> you know, this to me says a couple things on a very serious note. a dress like this is all about context. right? in the interest of full disclosure, i don't own a dress so i can't tell you what color it is. you know, the thing is it doesn't matter, what it says is that the world is filled with
1:53 am
dangerous headlines. people find entertainment or context in evaluating a dress. neil: fair enough. real quick take on this. >> i agree we like stupid simple problems we can solve. it's an optical illusion that won't be solved. neil: the dress is purple. you learned that leonard
1:54 am
1:55 am
1:56 am
. >> you know, i know everyone is focused on the tragic death of leonard nimoy, in the financial community, a far bigger out of this world figure passed. he once headed up the large financial giant aig it was how he headed it up and the guff he refused to take from administration types he would accept salaries he would have no part of. dragged out in the middle of a
1:57 am
meltdown to fix things up. last time he was on the show i asked him if his family ever asked him to walk away from aig. >> did your family ever say we know your commitment to this. we know your commitment to make this right and help these thousands of people. but we're your family. >> i said you're going to win don't give up do what you need to do. we love you this is about doing the right thing. >> what's the diagnosis now? >> the diagnosis is i'm doing well, and enjoy life until we tell you it's starting to affect you again. my grandmother used to say to us give me my roses when i can smell them, and so imenjoying giving roses and smelling them and having a wonderful time. >> the reality is he was still hurting and the cancer was not going anywhere and it has now killed him. dead at age 70. charlie gasparino knew him well knew the company well
1:58 am
knew his role in the great meltdown and how to get us out of it. >> i did not have a relationship with ben but studied what he did. i had a relationship with hank greenberg, and i still do. what was interesting, when hank was ousted by eliot spitzer who forced the board to push him out because he drummed up the regulatory charge, came down to as much ado about nothing, almost none of the charges still exist. aig was led by martin sullivan who did not have the chops to run it. >> this guy did. >> it would have been great if ben took it over when hank left. he got it. >> he didn't take crap from anybody. >> didn't take crap from anybody. i don't think anybody could have run it as well as hafrpgnk did. >> he said i'm doing things my way. you're that way.
1:59 am
>> it wasn't that easy to tell the federal government no at that point. infused a tremendous amount of cash to aig. >> has all that been paid back? >> a lot of it has. >> he pushed that? >> he pushed that. what he didn't do he didn't throw the baby out with the bathwater he. knew to pay people if you didn't pay the people, despite the fact that the company was bailed out, well i hate to say it, who knows what could have happened next. this is like dealing with nitroglycerin from a financial standpoint. that's what he was good at. the tragedy is that robert did not take on the role after hank left. remember, he didn't take it over right after. there was a guy in between put in there by goldman sachs. >> that's right, and they begged him to come back. he didn't want to. >> all right, i'm back. and now, robert is gone a lot
2:00 am
of folks don't focus on financial pity, because of that guy a meltdown might have finally great show. lori rothman is in for lou dobbs. keep it here for fox business. and good evening, everybody i'm lori rothman in for lou dobbs. breaking news less than five hours away from the department of homeland security running out of money, and the solution very much in question. the agency tasked with protecting our nation is in this situation because president obama decided to bend his constitutional authority by issuing executive fiat granting amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants. leaders of both legislative bodies struggling to do so. the senate passing a clean bill to fund dhs the house take its own path voting on a


info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on